Tuesday, November 23, 2010

PBL and Technology Proposal

Wow! I experienced a tremendous amount of growth during this project. My part in the group project was research. I was surprised that the amount of research available was limited. I believe that will change and that a decade from now we will see PBL as the norm for curriculum methods. PBL and technology go hand- in-hand. I now cannot envision an effective classroom without either. I have not worked with a group for awhile, so it was nice to have people to bounce ideas off of.

My biggest lesson learned was that PBL is not an enhancement, it is the curriculum method. Just as technology should not be used to use it. The teacher must choose the appropriate learning tool to meet the learning objectives. I am excited about the future of education. PBL integrated with technology will lead to deeper student-centered learning. I can't wait to get away from teaching to the test that causes students to regurgitate facts, but does not develop thinking skills. PBL integrated with technology is the answer!

Our group project wiki includes research articles, additional resources, and PBL activities. I particularly enjoyed creating the activity. I was surprised at how many different technology tools I considered until I decided on Microsoft Excel, VoiceThread, and TrackStar. My activity ended up being much larger than I expected. More than it being an activity, I would consider it a unit. The process I used for it could be applied to other units of study. It is definitely something I would use in my classroom.

PBL and Technology Proposal Wiki

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.