Sunday, October 31, 2010

Movie Maker Project

This week I used Microsoft Movie Maker to create a project based on a character trait.  I chose kindness.  I really thought that after I organized the project it would turn out well.  I was pleased with the technical aspects of the project, but found my story line to be a bit cheesy.  Movie Maker was easy to learn and easy to work in.  My main complaint is that I did not have enough control over settings.  It was a bit too basic with what it would allow me to do.  I am an Apple Girl and have had experience with iMovie and iDvd. I found that iMovie gives me more control over manipulations and settings for audio, video, transitions, and text. iMovie also offers more templates.  The text parameters surprised me the most with their limitations.  I used Audacity for audio recording and editing.  I uploaded my movie to YouTube.  Which I found to be user friendly.  All and all it was a productive project that utilized many different technology components and I feel I have grown in both my versatility and capability of integrating technology into a classroom.

This project could be used to introduce a lesson about the charater trait kindness or to promote the charater trait of the week at a school.  It could be used in any classroom k-12, but I feel it is the most applicable to secondary classrooms.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.