A reflection of the learning experiences and organization of resources for successful technology integration.
Tuesday, October 19, 2010
Implementing a PBL Project
This week we discussed what kind of PBL projects we could implement given a combination of content standards. The first one was science, music, and language arts. Combining science and language arts was easy, but music posed a stumbling block for me. I believe many students had difficulty with this assignment because the contents are outside of the contents we normally teach. Some students had a fluid, realistic project idea and others like myself didn't seem as realistic to implement. I often use music as a memory device, but felt more was needed for this project. The second project we considered included math, social studies, and visual arts. I had an easier time with this project and feel that my idea was realistic and I would consider using it if I taught social studies. The positive side of this discussion was that I realized I have a grasp on PBL. I also felt comfortable using technology tools that were appropriate to realizing the standards. I think all of us had a stretch to go across content areas in more than one direction. The input, suggestions, and ideas of other classmates helped me to visualize many different ways in which these projects could be successful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.