This is a must read article for all instructional technologists. The article was written in 2004, but is still relevant in the claims it makes and sound theory of technology integration. I believe the author (who is not identified) would be surprised to find that our schools have not moved forward to adopting technology integration specialist positions, but have cut many of the positions that did exist. The article points to schools spending much money on technological improvements but do not spend enough time, thought, or money on pedagogical needs that teachers have concerning that same technology. The article supports the inclusion of a technology integration specialist at all schools to support the pedagogical demands technology has. The article also gives information to help schools identify the attributes of a desired candidate for this position.
Patsy -- Good article. I suggest that you hyperlink a text to the URL instead of just posting the URL. Much cleaner for your blog. * Dr. B
ReplyDeleteDr. B,
ReplyDeleteThank you for the comment. I did make that change a few months ago.
Patsy