Sunday, August 29, 2010

First Post Welcome and Overview

Welcome to the blog! I hope the information and reflections here will help lead to a better understanding of successful technology integration. Technology integration can be defined as including technological devices in learning to meet student learning goals and standards. Technology integration must support a student-centered learning rich environment. Technology integration supports inquiry, practice, and assessments of learning. Successful integration requires commitment from district personnel, school administrators, technology specialists, and teachers. This commitment must place student learning first in decisions and include long-term training, maintenance, and on-going support. Support includes applications in lesson development and implementation in the classroom.

2 comments:

  1. 2 comments:

    Digital Archivist said...

    Patsy -- your blog looks promising. I look forward to reading more of your thoughts as you explore technology integration practices. * Dr. B
    August 31, 2010 9:57 PM
    Digital Archivist said...

    Patsy -- be consistent with the "look" of your blog. For example, in this post you are using a different font type. I suggest choose one and go for it.

    Also, in your blog description -- I believe that you don't need the text -- "Blog Description:" -- just the description. * Dr. B
    September 5, 2010 8:59 AM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dr. B,
    I followed up on all of your comments. They were helpful because I am new to blogging.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.