This week I have been mulling over "using" technology vs. "integrating" technology. I feel that I am still at the using technology stage of blogging. I am digesting ideas learned and posting right now because I am supposed to. I want to integrate blogging into my life and flow through with it in teaching. I have now learned how to set up a blog. I have played with the features and explored the tools. This week I plan to make changes to my layout and take advantage of available tools. That is still just using the blog... What would integrating entail? How can the blog function in my everyday life?
The blog gives me its complete attention. It has to remain still and absorb my ideas. The blog functions as a journal. It can allow me to process what I am learning. My classmates and colleagues can share information and the "journey" with one another. The blog is a storage facility. It can store articles and content of interest that I can share with others and refer to for myself. Most importantly, the blog can be used by a teacher to increase student learning. The blog allows a teacher to communicate with parents and students. It provides organization to the classroom. Classroom materials can be accessed at a distance. Notes, videos, and missed assignments can be accessed at anytime. Students can share classwork with each other and use the blog as a portfolio. The portfolios can be used for evaluation and assessment. Supplementary materials can be provided that instruction time did not allow for. I have all of these ideas rolling around in my head and now I just need to do it!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.