Saturday, September 25, 2010

Comic Life Experience

Comic Life is a software program that is used to create comic strips. This software can be useful in a classroom. Teachers can use the software to engage students in content learning. Teachers can create comic strips that relate to the content or convey important vocabulary. I have also considered using it to display standards for units and lessons. Students can use Comic Life as a vehicle for communicating knowledge learned. This can be an important toll in a problem-based learning classroom.

Comic Life was easy to learn and navigate. This ease of use is important for integration reasons. Students will be up and running quickly with this product. The friendly application will engage students. I used Comic Life for a comic strip about creating and using dichotomous keys applied to the 6 kingdoms of organisms. My comic strip included both fact and fiction.

2 comments:

  1. Patsy,

    I'm glad you found Comic Life to be easy to navigate. I think that is important for teachers because we have so little time, and having to sit a figure out how something works takes up too much time.

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristin,
    I believe any technology we utilize must be user friendly for the students. Complicated or confusing technology takes time away from content learning. The tool becomes a hindrance instead of an enhancement. The lesson must not be about the technology, but how the technology can increase learning. Thanks fr your response!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.